Skip to main content

Use of is/am/are in English grammar for spoken English.what is is/am/are in English conversation?

‌hello friends , in this article I am going to share with you interesting fact about use of is /am/are/ in English grammar for spoken English. Now we are talking about is/am/are which is auxiliary verb and when we are use these verb in our communication. These verb are "be" form of to do verb. Now first a fall we are talking about is/am/are in conversation.
 ‌

in first piont we are going to talk about when we use "is"
 ‌

when we talk about He /she/it/any third person like ram, shyam, jolly.
‌look at in given examples. 

 examples
‌           

             He is in the school.
           

             ‌she is a doctor.
            

               ‌it is Sunday.
‌           

                  it's red. 


              Ram is asleeped. ‌




Second point is use of "are"


Are is used when talking about plural person, when talk about we, you, they.

Example

            They are children.
            

             We are at home.
           

             You are in the bus. 


The third point is use of "am".

When we talk about self we use " Am" In our conversation. You looked at above image. 



Example

                I am in the college. 

         

                 I am on the way. 



Now we are gonna talk about other use of is/am/are in our conversation. Its used as a helping verb of present continues tense. Now the look in the below picture:-


Add caption


We use these verb in present continues tense as a helping verb. If you want to know "what is present continues tense? Then go to the link


Subject+is/am/are+v1+ing+object+O.w


Example:-

                I am going to school.        (Going is a go+ing) 

         I am not going to school. 

         Am I going to school? 

        Am I not going to school? 

          

          He is going to school. 

         He is not going to school. 

         Is he going to school? 

         Is he not going to school? 


Now let's move on the other use of is/am/are in passive form of sentence. 

  

         He  beats me.   (Active) 

         I am beaten by him. (passive) 


         He is replace with him.(as object) 

          Me is replace with I. (As subject) 


If you want to know how to use is/am/are grammatically correct in our English conversation in hindi you can see this video the link below ๐Ÿ‘‡


Use of is/am/are in different conversation


Next use of is/am/are to demonstrate state of any person/subject.

Case in point  

                         I am a doctor. 

                         I am not a doctor. 

                         Am I a doctor? 

                         Am I not a doctor? 

         

                   He is in the home. 

                   He is not in the home. 

                   Is he in the home? 

                   Is he not in the bus? 

       

             She is a teacher. 

             You are a my friend. 

             Ram is my enemy. 

             Are you her friend? 


 

Now move on some other use of is/am/are in English grammar for spoken English. 






Use of is/am/are with keen on 

  •   
  • I am keen on playing badminton
  • Are you keen on playing badminton? 
  • She is keen on watching TV. 
  • They are keen on writing. 
  • She is keen on cooking. 
  • Ram is keen on painting. 
  • You are keen on writing. 



I hope you are crystal cleared how to use is/am/are in English grammar for spoken English. It's piece of cake now for you. If you had query then comment in the comment box, I will make you clear. 
Thanks for read this article if you had liked it please share and follow my blog to get interesting tips for spoken English and English grammar. Thanks once again. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Present simple/ past simple tense in English grammar/use of do/does /did in English grammar

  What is Present indefinite tense in English grammar?  Past indefinite/simple tense in English grammar.  Present indefinite tense เค•्เคฏा เคนैं? เค”เคฐ เค‡เคธเค•ा เคฏूเคœ़ เค•เคนाँ เค•िเคฏा เคœाเคคा เคนैं?  Present indefinite tense เคตो เคŸेंเคธ เคœो เคนเคฎाเคฐे เคช्เคฐเคœेंเคŸ เคฎें เคนो เคฐเคนी เคฐेเค—्เคฏुเคฒเคฐ เคตเคฐ्เค• เค•ो เคกिเคธ्เค•्เคฐाเคˆเคฌ เค•เคฐเคคा เคนैं। เคœो เคจिเคฏเคฎिเคค เคฐूเคช เคธे เค•เคฐเคคे เค‰เคธे เคฌเคคाเคคा เคนै।  เค‰เคฆाเคนเคฐเคฃ :-                  เคฎैं เค•ाเคฎ เค•เคฐเคคा เคนूँ।                                   เคตเคน เคฏเคนाँ เคจเคนीं เคฐเคนเคคा เคนैं।                                         เคฏเคนाँ เค†เค“।                                                    Present indefinite tense   in English grammar :-   # used to de...

Present continues tense in English grammar for spoken English.Present continues tense in English grammar for spoken

Different ways to use present continues tense in spoken English.  When we use present continues tense in spoken English?  Hii friends, welcome to present continues tense in English article. In this article we are going to talk about what is a present continues tense? And how can we use it in our conversation or spoken English? Many people /students have doubts to use this tense. We are going to know about present continues tense in English grammar without memories many theoretical rules. If don't know what is continues tense and tense? You can know on this article , link is given below ๐Ÿ‘‡ What is tense / continues tense in English grammar for spoken English? I'm sure you knew about continues tense & tense in English grammar for spoken English.    What is a Present continues tense in English?  Present continues tense is tense which is used when we talk about a work which is started in past but not completed yet in the present. It's refers to progressive work....

Present indefinite tense in English grammar for spoken English.

 เคจเคฎเคธ्เคคे เคฆोเคธ्เคคों เค†เคœ เค•े Present indefinite tense in English grammar for spoken English เค•े เค†เคฐ्เคŸिเค•เคฒ เคชเคฐ เค†เคชเค•ा เคธ्เคตाเค—เคค เคนैं เค†เคœ เค•े เค‡เคธ เค†เคฐ्เคŸिเค•เคฒ เคฎें เคนเคฎ เคฌाเคค เค•เคฐเคจे เคตाเคฒे เคนैं present indefinite tense เค•ो เค…เคชเคจी  conversation เคฎें เค•िเคคเคจे เคคเคฐीเค•े เคธे เค‡เคธ्เคคेเคฎाเคฒ เค•เคฐ เคธเค•เคคे เคนैं।    Present indefinite tense :-  เคฏे เคตो เคŸेंเคธ เคนोเคคा เคนै เคœिเคธเคฎें เคจिเคฏเคฎिเคค เคฐूเคช เคธे เค•िเคฏे เคœाเคจे เคตाเคฒे เคฏा เค†เคฆเคคเคจ เค•ाเคฐ्เคฏ เค•े เคฌाเคฐे เคฎें เคฌाเคค เค•ी เคœाเคคी เคนैं।  Usability :-                     เคธเคฌเคธे เคชเคนเคฒे เคฏे เคœाเคจ เคฒेเคคे เคนैं เค•ि เค†เค–िเคฐ เค•िเคธ เคคเคฐเคน เค•ी เคฌाเคคเคšीเคค เค•े เคฒिเค เคนเคฎ  present indefinite tense เค•ा เคฏूเคœ़ เค…เคชเคจी English conversation เคฏा   hindi to English/ English to hindi translation เคฎें เค•เคฐ เคธเค•เคคे เคนैं।  เคœเคฌ เคญी เคนเคฎ  present เคฎें เค•िเคฏे เคœाเคจे เคฏा เคนुเค เคจिเคฏเคฎिเคค เค•ाเคฎ เคฏा เค•िเคธी เค†เคฆเคค เค•े เคฌाเคฐे เคฎें เคฌाเคค เค•เคฐเคคे เคนैं เคคो เคเคธी เคฌाเคค เค•ो เค…ंเค—्เคฐेเคœ़ी เคฎें เคต्เคฏเค•्เคค เคนैं เคคเคฌ เค‡เคธ เคŸेंเคธ เค•ा เคฏूเคœ़ เค•िเคฏा เคœाเคคा เคนैं।  เคฎैं เคธ्เค•ूเคฒ เคœाเคคा เคนूँ।  เคตเคน เค–ाเคจा เคชเค•ाเคคा เคนै ं।  เคถीเคฒा เคฏเคนाँ เค†เคฏा เค•เคฐเคคी เคนैं।  เคนเคฎ เค—ुเคธ्เคธा เค•เคฐเคคे เคนैं।    ...